Re: [IP] Why saline? and pretend-pump-practice

In a message dated 1/31/99 9:41:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< The SofSerter looks pretty SCARY -- I was never able to throw a needle
 in quickly (I'm a slow-poke!!), and I'm not sure I could use that
 SofSerter, but we'll see!

You mean, I'm not the only diabetic shot-giving masochist in the world??!!
(My husband used to hate to see me give injections to myself because I did it
so-o-o slow.  I would tell him I only "touched" my skin at first to find "a
good spot", THEN take the plunge!  He would cringe.  He never understood.  Se
la vie.

Yes, the Soft-Serter does look intimidating.  But, you know what?  IT IS
ABSOLUTELY GREAT!  It's in before you know what's happened!  And, the inserter
part of the needle that actually goes under the skin appears to be no longer
than the insulin syringe needles were.  Try practicing on an orange first to
get the "feel" of it.  (You can use a "used" cannula set, if you keep the
inserter needle you can reinsert it to use for practice).  Just for the hell
of it, I tried to insert a Soft-Set without the Soft-Serter, and couldn't do
it!  (Couldn't do it fast enough, I guess!)

Linda Winey  >^.,.^<
dx 1950 at age 3
happy pumper since 1/13/99 (an old dog learning new tricks)