: [IP] Not a happy MiniMed user

Ginny -
  I too feel badly that you have had such a bad response from MiniMed. You are
right - you should not have to allow your bgs to get out of control while
trying to resolve the problem. You have to do what is in the best interest of
your health   - keep it up!
  On the flip side, my daughter uses the MiniMed 507C, and we honestly have
had nothing but wonderful support. Our local rep is wonderfully supportive -
anytime I have a question, or need something, he handles it for me. He has
sent me information and supplies that I've wanted to try, and has put me in
touch with the right people - all of the time. When I order my supplies, I
have found them to always be very helpful, figuring out just what my insurance
will allow, what we can sneak in there, making suggestions, etc. I wish
everyone had the same experiences we have had. Up until now, we've had no
problems. But our newest box of Sof-Sets does not seem to be sticking - twice
in a row we've had to add extra Polyskin, which irritates the heck out of
Amy's backside! So, I'll call tomorrow and ask for a replacement box. Guess
I'll find out just how 'supportive' they will continue to be.
  I don't think it comes down to a competition here in this group - just that
we all need to feel comfortable with the pumps we use, and that they do for us
what they were designed to do - make life with D easier!! I wish it didn't
come down to customer service issues - though that IS the one area they have
100% control over.
  Just my opinion...
Sue Tappendorf
mom of Amy, 12, pumping since June '98