Re: [IP] Love the pump but . . .

In a message dated 1/30/99 8:56:33 PM Eastern Standard Time, email @ redacted

<< I just love the freedom of the pump, but every once in a while I run into
 problems I can't seem to solve easily.  For example; I'm suddenly having low
 bg's, not as low as pre-pump but low enough to feel awful. >>
<< Does anyone
 have any insight as to what's going on?  No exercise or snacks or stress
 today. >>

I have only been a happy pumper since January 13, but for the past couple of
days have also experienced unexplained lows.  The day after it started, I
started to menstruate. Apparently I don't need quite as much insulin flowing
through my system at this time of the month.  Could this be what's going on
with your system?  I probably could lower my basal rate a little bit, but am
kind of afraid to do that without talking to my doctor first.  Don't really
feel that confident yet about changing and fooling around with basal rates
without supervision.  (Of course, it's a weekend day, so will have to wait
until Monday to get in touch with my M.D.) In the meantime, don't feel like
it's life threatening, so don't want to bother my doctor.  This group is a
god-send in my book!

Linda  >^.,.^<
IDDM 49 years,