Re: [IP] Humalog temp

email @ redacted wrote:
> Ted, I know you aren't the 1st to talk about the temp of Humalog and filling
> of the cartridges. Are we (Amy and I) the only one's not to have problems with
> bubbling?

I don't really know, I can only tell you what I've observed here.

We do fill her cartridge with cold Humalog, and just give it 6 or 7
> good flicks with the fingers. She's rarely had a bubble in her line. Just
> wondering if we are just getting lucky or what!

The real question is whether there are more bubbles in the cartridge after
the insulin warms up? I always found there were after several hours in the pump,
so I always pre-warm the insulin when loading the syringe. You may not see this
unless you check it specifically at the proper time which is NOT when you load

Of course there is another variable (as always). What position is the pump
worn in? I have mined vertical, with the hose going out of it straight down,
so even if air bubbles DO appear in there they don't tend to get in the tube.

Ted Quick