: Re: [IP] Pump has arrived!

Gwenn, many Drs. start you pumping on saline, so you can get the hang of using
the pump, changing out sites, etc., while you still have insulin on board with
DMI. Amy started on Humalog in her pump from day 1, though I honestly am not
sure this is the best way to go. I had spent almost 9 months learning all I
could about the pump, and when our day with the CDE was through, I'll admit I
was more than a little hesitant to leave her office! Of course, Amy was an old
pro at it, or so she seemed. I am still glad we did it cold turkey, but many
Drs. do not do it this way.
Sue Tappendorf
Mom of Amy, 12, pumping since June '98