Humalog temp, was Re: [IP] Dizziness Part 2

Katherine Esposito wrote:
> All the posts are very interesting- thank you very much! The dizziness
> has subsided for now, fortunately. I did two things: switched back to
> brand-name Synthroid, and opened a new bottle of Humalog. I also placed
> it in the 'frig. Question: does it need to be at room T before filling a
> cartridge?

Yes, it's best to get the bottle to room temp before you fill the
cartridge. Thing is that cold insulin holds air which warmer insulin doesn't.
So if you put cold insulin in the cartridge it will warm up in the pump
and release the air, causing bubbles in the cartridge and, sooner or later,
in the hose, which can be very unhelpful.

Ted Quick