Re: [IP] Insulins

> My DR has written to my insurance and told them the
> Humalog is needed.  I haven't heard any thing yet.  I even called today to
> check on it.  I am thinking of asking my DR if I can use R insulin.  This they
> will pay part after my copay.  I am thinking about seeing if Lilly will give
> me a price break.
Ben, you can mix Velosulin or Humalin R with your Humalog. In a 5/1
mix there is not any noticible difference in the onset. Can't say
about 4/1 3/1 etc.... as my daughter does not use those but other
pumpers do. The tail starts to become noticeable on the lower mixes.
The onset still is pretty fast. That will cut down your cost some and
the mix has proven beneficial to Lily and others on the mail list.

Michael <email @ redacted>