Re: [IP] Not a happy MiniMed user

Yes..I do this exactly as you wrote..One arm is on one side of the
plunger..other arm is on the other side..I fill the cartridge I put the
infusion set on the cartridge and push the plunger til insulin comes out. I
then put the cartridge in the pump with the arms on each side of plunger. I
then prime 5.0 units and more insulin comes out. I then insert infusion
site in
me..take my blood sugars and bolus accordingly. and my BGs go UP. I have
my BGs on my 3 BG machines..I have checked everything I can check..I am very
careful. I now am told the MiniMed rep cannot meet with me until Feb 8th. I
cannot wait that long to start my prednisone for a MS RA flare I am in..I have
to go ahead with that. The sqaure wave was suppose to help me with the higher
BGs I will have as a result of the prednisone. But I need that medication
now so will have to tes every 4 hours and bolus accordingly on my D pump..that
is ok.
before I put insulin in cartridge I slowly pull out plunger and turn at same
time and then push in and turn and pull out and turn- that is to make sure it
is lubricated properly. I then insert needle into insulin bottle..I don't get
air. I was a pharmacy tech and respiratory therapist. I can fill a syringe. I
also can work very technical machines.
Your step by step is the same as my step by step...
We will see what happens...I am going to rest now..I have an expensice
piece of
equipment I am suppose to have and can't use..
Tonight I will change off pumps again and see what tomorrow AM bgs are like..
Thanks for your reply:) I appreciate it.
email @ redacted
IDDM for36 years