> We are considering the pump for our son and just received the video and
> information from Disetronic.  The information included an order form for
> supplies and I have to say I am in "sticker shock" especially over the
> prices of the infusion sets.  The tenders cost $160 for a box of 20
> cannulas and 10 concector sets!?!  So, let me see if I've got this right,
> if you change the infusion sets every 2 days, does that mean one of those
> boxes that costs $160 lasts 40 days?
Ya got it right! .....however, most people change their set every 3
or 4 days unless there is a problem.
The cost of various 'sets' varies a little for the different types,
but that amount is representative.

> I know many insurance policies are different, but does insurance usually
> pay for part/all of this?

 And.... yes, insurance usually
covers these items at the normal 80% or whatever the difference is
from your co-pay

> Are the supplies cheaper if you order them
> from someone besides Disetronic?  Thanks for your help.  I have learned
> SO much from this forum.  Kate Uhlman
The cost is lowest with MiniMed and Disetronic. Other suppliers tend
to add additional markup.