[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V2 #771

We are considering the pump for our son and just received the video and
information from Disetronic.  The information included an order form for
supplies and I have to say I am in "sticker shock" especially over the
prices of the infusion sets.  The tenders cost $160 for a box of 20
cannulas and 10 concector sets!?!  So, let me see if I've got this right,
if you change the infusion sets every 2 days, does that mean one of those
boxes that costs $160 lasts 40 days?

I know many insurance policies are different, but does insurance usually
pay for part/all of this?   Are the supplies cheaper if you order them
from someone besides Disetronic?  Thanks for your help.  I have learned
SO much from this forum.  Kate Uhlman

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]