[IP] My A1c

I, too, had a GREAT A1c before going on the pump.  However, I totaled my car
due to a low.  NO, I am not recommending you go have a wreck to prove to your
insurance company that you need a pump!! However, my doctor wrote a letter to
the insurance company explaining that my BS was all over the scale.  Yes, an
A1c is an average; the lows balance out the highs.  After my doc wrote the
letter (I got a copy and it was very articulate) the nurse at the insurance
comp. called me and said I sounded like a perfect candidate for the pump.
Hope this helps.  Good Luck!  The pump has been a life saver for me! LIR