Re: [IP] Tingling & Numbness

To add to this, I think they now know that highs and lows and swings all contribute
to retinopathy although the largest long term risk is posed by very high bgs.
Thus, when you first start tightening your control, there is a period where retinal
changes result.  Some portion (for some people almost all) can go away over time.
Lest this sound to scary, at the University of Virginia, I was shown photos of the
retinas of people just diagnosed with diabetes one week prior to the photos.
Changes were already apparant.  It's just that the changes most people have are not
treatable and may not significantly effect vision.  Basically, absolutely every
tiny aspect of diabetes affects your retinas, its just that most of those effects
are small and until they accumulate, you don't get the "complication" retinopathy.
The pump treatment can exacerbate it for a time but so can many other diabetic
experiences.  In the long run, if you improve your control significantly on the
pump, you will cut down on the complications and damage to your body.