Re: [IP] assistance

I originally received a donation for my pump through a local Diabetes
Support Group.  I submitted my invoice to my employment insurance, with
copies of supporting letters from the endocrinologist, family doctor, and of
course a copy of the DCCT results.  They took about 6 months but finally
approved and reimbursed the full cost of the pump.

My tubings and supplies are now reimbursed by my employment coverage (I have
changed jobs and plans) but it still takes about 6 weeks for reimbursement.

Without 3rd party insurance, sometimes Kiwanis or Kinsmen, Lions or similar
groups (even your church group) would be approachable for financial help.
They often appreciate a presentation about diabetes and pumpers to the
group.  Good Luck! Nancy(from SW Ontario)

How does the coverage in the USA work?