Re: [IP] My A1C

email @ redacted wrote:
> My A1C just came in.  I hope that the insurance company won't think that I am
> doing fine without the pump and won't approve it for me.  Back in Oct when I
> first came into this new world I was right at 13.  Now I am 7.2.  Not bad, but
> boy do I really work at it.  For some reason the last week I have been running
> a little high.  In fact this morning was the first mid morning low that I have
> had in about a week.  My mid morning lows is probably what keeps my A1C down.

That's the major point to make with the insurance company: no matter how good an
AVERAGE is, highs and lows happening constantly lead to expensive, life
complications. So, if they want to save money on your care, get you a pump
of heart or kidney diseases, possible blindness or loss of feet, etc, etc.

> Since I have gotten myself almost to the target range, how will this influence
> my insurance company?

Depends on their view of reality. If any resistance, the above tactic usually
opens their eyes.

Ted Quick