Re: [IP] My A1C

In a message dated 1/28/99 1:51:36 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< My A1C just came in.  I hope that the insurance company won't think that I
 doing fine without the pump and won't approve it for me.  Back in Oct when I
 first came into this new world I was right at 13.  Now I am 7.2. >>

Hi Gwenn

I remember my endo telling me that, as a type 2 with no complications and an
A1c of 5.9, I'd never be approved for a pump. Guess what? Me and my pump are
getting along just fine. My insurance company approved me immediately. That's
not to say all of them will: After my approval, my endo's chin hit the floor
and he said they had trouble getting pumps approved for type 1s with lots of
problems. Guess it just depends on your insurance company.