Re: [IP] Arizona - HB2158

In a message dated 1/27/99 11:14:55 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  HB2158 ( House Bill ).  This bill would force Insurance Companies in
 the State of AZ to pay for Diabetes Education. >>

Hey --

I testified for a similar bill before the Indiana Senate and guess what? It
passed!!! (All because of my testimony, of course. <g>) It did amaze me how
vehemently insurance companies and the state chamber of commerce opposed the
bill, though.

Generally, those bills don't pertain to companies that are self-insured (which
most large companies are). My insurance is through a university -- which is
self-insured. I did have a little discussion with them where I reminded them
that their "product" is education and asked if they didn't cover DM education,
did that mean they didn't believe in the value of their product. So the
university now covers DM education, too.

Ya just gotta keep after these folks!