[IP] Re: Plantar's Warts

I had a huge cluster of warts on my left heel for about 3 years.  My endo at the time said that if they didn't bother me (which they didn't most of the time), we should just leave them alone.  They are a virus which will eventually work its course.  When they began spreading, he suggested I go to the dermatologist.  My dermotologist told me to use some sort of acid paper, which I left on for 24 hours and then would cut off the dead skin.  After doing this for 6 months, I just gave up because they were still there.  However another 6 months later, I woke up one morning and they were GONE.  It was like a miracle.  I think as the saying goes YMMV.

Also, I think that most Plantar wart treatments HAVE to put a warning for people with Diabetes because of possible neuropothy, but if you have no signs of it and you check your feet for sores, etc.  it is as safe for us as for other people.