[IP] Re: Pumps and eyes

<< I also have been told that  improved control on the pump can make
 worse. >>

When I told my opthimologist that I was going on the pump, he said that there had been cases where people have "funny eye problems" that were not retinopothy.  He said most often it was because people had been out of control before the pump, and that pump therapy had improved their control so drastically, there eyes did funny things.  Sometimes people became temporarily near-sighted or far-sighted.  He also told me that these problems disappeared after a few months in better control.  Since my A1c's were in the 7's before the pump, he didn't think I would have that much of a problem, but some people may have them.  He did stress that it was NOT retinopothy that people were having.