Re: [IP] Re: USA Today article

In a message dated 1/26/99 11:30:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< What I haven't seen mentioned on IP is anything about Pfizer's new drug
 claim will curb diabetes' long term complications.  I heard about it on a
 financial news report yesterday.  The report said the drug was about 1-2
 years away from FDA approval. >>

I tried to find some information online from Pfizer about the above.  It may
be the following, which is quoted from their online 1997 Annual
Report/Review/Pharmaceuticals, page 18,

"Pfizer is also developing Alond, an aldose reductase inhibitor, to treat
serious diabetic complications including nerve damage. Results to date
indicate a significant improvement in nerve conduction velocity, a key measure
of nerve function in diabetics."

If you want to read the entire report, here's a link to use:
 <A HREF="http://www.pfizer.com/pfizerinc/investing/annual/1997/page18.html">
Pfizer 1997 Annual Report / Review / Pharmaceuticals - 5 of 6</A>

Is this what you read about Richard?

Linda Winey  >^.,.^<
IDDM 49 y, IP 14 days