[IP] (no subject)

Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:24:56 -0500
From: Ginny Kloth <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Still High
GINNY KLOTH--If you are not totally PRIMING YOUR infusion set by making sure
the lever which presses against the plunger of the insulin reservoir is making
droplets of insulin run OUT of the metal needle BEFORE insertion-->by either
Bolusing or priming. A SMALL gap here , or lack of pressure here could delay
any insulin delivery for a long period of time.*****and if you changed the
infusion set a second time  and  made the same mistake a second time then you
would get another delayed delivery.2 sets in 21/2 days. Hmmmmm ???
I am email @ redacted  and I've been pumpimg 2 weeks . The staff at The
Diabetic Center of St Johns Hospital,Yonkers NY have taught me all about
proper nutrition,Carbos & maintaining good blood glucose control,correctly
treating hypoglycemic reactions & how to adjust the Minimed 507C . I feel
GREAT. The main difference is that I've lost that compulsive
need to keep eating all the time or get SHAKY. Next big difference is my
energy level . Dieting now will be simpler.      ****  Special  thanks to my
Minimed friend Dominique Halloway for helping get all documentation that my
insurance co. Aetna kept wanting . Plus she DID even MORE TO HELP me through
the insurance maze. This is my best control I've ever had after 29 years of
more & more needles.Pumping & testing makes any other treatment primitive.