[IP] Setting kid's basal rates

Usually, when we were trying to set Jenna's basals with fasting, she was
game to postpone a meal.  But if she was just plain hungry, we'd have a pure
protein snack, like an egg with some cheese on it.  The protein affects some
people's sugars, but not for a few hours, not until after you've had a
chance to see the sugars you want to see right after the missed meal.  We'd
also make a game out of how many carb free foods we could think of, like
sugar free popsicles, jello, celery sticks, jello, etc, and assemble a snack
out of them.

Nancy Morgan, Jenna's mom