Re: [IP] insurance problems

> email @ redacted wrote:
> >
> > Now that I have both of my kids on pumps and I am pretty much drained of my
> > sanity,the kids insurance company has decided that prior approval for pump
> > supplies must be done each and every month that they are needed. Prior
> > approval from these people has taken anywhere from 6 weeks [minimum] to 8
> > months.

There are a couple of thing to look at here. It's always better to
hang these guys with their own paper.

I'd be willing to bet that your policy allows you to purchase and
keep on hand 90 days worth of medication and expendable medical
supplies. Check the policy language. Order 90 sets NOW and if they
refuse them ask for the refusal in writing and go straight to the
state insurance commissioners office (by phone of course). Give them
one chance once you have the written refusal in you hot little hand
and warn them what you are about to do. Make sure you are talking to
an appeals person when you do this. I expect the problem will
evaporate almost instantaneously. Been there done that :-)

Michael <email @ redacted>