Re: [IP] Dry Mouth

In a message dated 1/25/99 7:44:06 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< There is an auto-immune condition called Sjogren's Syndrome where the
 body attacks the salivary and tear glands. If you have one auto-immune
 disease (Type 1 DM) you are also more susceptible than the general
 population to others.
 The symptoms of Sjogren's are (obviously) dry mouth and dry eyes. The
 dry-eye part gets painful, and can even result in corneal ulcers. The
 dry-mouth part results in increased tooth-decay.  >>

I wrote the original email about the problem with dry mouth...I was tested for
Sjogren's syndrome about a year ago and the test was negative.  We (my doc and
I) thought it could have been a kidney related problem because my urine
osmolarity was off.  That problem was corrected and I still have CHRONIC dry
mouth.  Gum, toothpaste, and a mouthwash were all suggested but none of them
have helped.  I'm at a loss.

(a.k.a. professional student)