Re: [IP] setting basals for kids

Megan is 6 and has been pumping for 10 months. When she first started pumping
I gave Megan her last meal at 5 pm. She had only sugar free jello and sugar
free popsicles for the rest of the night. We stayed up late watching movies
and she slept until 11 am the next day. I finally had to feed her at 1pm but
it gave us a very good idea about her basals. We tested every 2 hours.

Yes-as they grow the basals need to be adjusted. Also the insulin to carb
ratio changes. You will learn more and more as your experience grows. Hope
this helps!

Judy C.