Re: [IP] Dry Mouth

Stacey Phillips wrote:
> I am sorry but I forget who asked about having a dry mouth alot. Well,
> I have a very dry mouth all the time. There are times that I am so dry
> that I will test my sugars because I feel like I may be having a high
> bg but usually my sugars are pretty much "normal"(6.8 mmol/L). I can't
> figure it out.

There is an auto-immune condition called Sjogren's Syndrome where the
body attacks the salivary and tear glands. If you have one auto-immune
disease (Type 1 DM) you are also more susceptible than the general
population to others.

The symptoms of Sjogren's are (obviously) dry mouth and dry eyes. The
dry-eye part gets painful, and can even result in corneal ulcers. The
dry-mouth part results in increased tooth-decay.

If you think this is a possibility, ask your doc about it.

But also consider other possibilities like other meds (e.g.
antihistamines), water-retention from excess salt usage, and unconscious

Good luck!

Type Weird, working on adopting a pump!
mailto:email @ redacted

                      Can YOU find the ugly duckling?