[IP] insurance problems

Now that I have both of my kids on pumps and I am pretty much drained of my
sanity,the kids insurance company has decided that prior approval for pump
supplies must be done each and every month that they are needed. Prior
approval from these people has taken anywhere from 6 weeks [minimum] to 8
months.I currently have enough tender sets to last about 4 weeks on our
current schedule. I read the info on the web page about how long people wear
them,but I would like to know if anyone has tried just changing the  insertion
set say every 4 days and only changing tubing and cartridge once a week?
Also Joes site got changed to below his ribs because of doing MDI's in his
abdomen forever .I know this sounds strange but the set seems to be sliding
down and out.The adhesive is still holding on but the catheter seems to be
working itself out from under his skin.Is this possible? insulin absorption is
definitely better there.
OK people let me know-----O yea of great wisdom                    Doreen-
exhausted mom of 2 new pumpers