Fwd: [IP] Soft set inserter question? -- Now In the Public Eye

In a message dated 1/25/1999 12:14:59 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< for the Kids who Pump Insulin page of the web site. Your story could
 inspire other parents who are looking for a better solution for their
 children. >>
=============
Michael, I agree Doreen's kids and all of the other kids should have their
story on the web site, but I think it should go even further.  The web site is
mostly read by diabetics or those with an interest which is find--we need to
help each other.  Obviously, from the stories that I have been reading society
needs to be educated.  I would say that the parents need to contact their
newspaper and TV so the kids and parents can tell their story.  My 20 year old
daughter was born with Down Syndrome which is a complete different story from
diabetes, but the thing is she has always been in the public eye.  People, at
least in the Nashville area, have learned--are learning that people with DS
can do and are very human.  When she was born I was told that she would never
be able to do anything.  In one of her interviews she said that she does
everything that anyone else does and more than some people.  Maybe if we would
get our stories out, we would not have so many hurdles to jump.  We wouldn't
hear stories of mates leaving or that we couldn't get a mate because of
diabetes.  Most of the people that I have come in contact with know very
little about diabetes.  Lately, I have seen several ads about diabetes, but
know "real people" in the ad.  I think "real people" talking about whatever is
much more effective.

Gwenn

-- BEGIN included message

> kids just started on pumps 1 week ago

Kids???? as in plural both starting on pumps????

Send me the names and a story please!!!!! please please!!!

for the Kids who Pump Insulin page of the web site. Your story could
inspire other parents who are looking for a better solution for their
children. If you have pictures that would be even better.

Michael

Michael <email @ redacted>

-- END included message