RE: [IP] Israelis on the pump?

I was referring to Israelis on the pump (pumpers from Israel)

-----Original Message-----
From: Kornfeld, Avner [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Monday, January 25, 1999 9:02 AM
To: 'email @ redacted'
Subject: [IP] Israelies on the pump?

To continue the thread of Canadians on the pump I would like to know if
there are Israelis on the pump.

My motivation is to find out what are the medical insurance issues ('Kupat
Holim Klalit' vs 'Leumit', 'Macabi' - these are the main medical insurance
companies in Israel, the system here is not similar to HMOs in the US).

I started pump therapy 6 weeks ago. Have to fight my medical insurance
company ('Leumit') on how much they will cover pump cost and supplies. So
far I do not have any written letter from them. I spend lots of energy on
that. Started the process from December 9th 1998. They let each individual
to have his own 'pump campaign' and end up with some insurer coverage. I
asked them to decide on a uniform and written coverage terms for those who
need the pump (of coarse I have all the medical reasoning for the pump from
two endos as an immediate need and lifesaver).

So, Israelis who are willing to share their experience are welcome.

Avner Kornfeld - 	IDDM since 1974
			on the pump since Dec. 14, 1998 and like it (it