[IP] Motivation and new discoveries with adult stem cells (AND NOT EMBRYOS!)

Julie -

the way I try to motivate Lauren, 12.5 yo pumper (and who knows whether it
works)  is to say that the cure is coming real soon (and that she will have
her future babies just like I did...lots of discomfort and inconvenience,
but no insulin!) and we think about how she will tell her grandkids about
the dark ages when she had a pump and had to stick her finger 5-8X a day!
And how they won't believe her!

Then I tell her that our mission is to keep her body as healthy as a
person's without diabetes so when the cure comes, there will be no scars
from the diabetes that she suffered from for these years!

Please remember that is your goal.... to keep your body as healthy as
possible so that when the cure comes, you will be the totally healthy
person that you have always deserved to be.... Just take it one day at a
time!  it is worth it!

And I do believe that the cure is coming soon.....Did y'all see the article
that claims that researchers have discovered that the stem cells of an
adult person can be programed to replace the cells of a different type!
(They converted brain cellls into blood cells!) The researchers were quoted
as saying. "We think you can use skin stem cell to make other cells"  So
skin stem cells might be harvested from a patient and inserted into the
pancreas of the same patient to make beta cells!  (Nat'l Neuro inst. in
Milan, Italy)  Let us hope/pray that it is true!

Diane Massey