Re: [IP] motivation

>Sam what if your pump goes south, or your DR is unable to download the memory
>of your pump.

I assume that you meant "meter" not "pump", right? At least my pump does
not have any BG info and therefore I can't download it anywhere.  :-)

>Its kind of like having a computer loaded with valuable information and not
>backing up the hard drive.  And we all know that computer hard drives crash.

I suppose you are right, and I could periodically download it into my PC as
a precaution... I have the LifeScan special serial cable to do that.
However, even if I lost everything, I don't think it would be the same
level of tragedy as losing my hardrive without a backup (also known as up
the creek without a paddle). Unless it occurred the day or two before the
Dr. visit, I'd probably still have enough data for him to download. He just
looks at general trends, not at every detail. If he couldn't download it
for some reason, we could still look at it on the meter itself.