Re: [IP]High BGs on pump

Ginny Kloth wrote:
So I took out the soft
> set...put in a new cartridge and put in a bent needle and bolused.
> They (BGs)  are beginning to go down. My question is: Are there some people
> who
> just cannot use the soft set?

More likely the canula was crimped. When using Teflon ALWAYS change the
set when you've had 2 high tests in a row, especially if shortly after changing
sets. Sometimes SofSets may pull back out of the skin under the tape which may
"tent" away from the sitw. Most likely when you bend certain ways, with the
set on the insuide of the curve (you bend forward over it).

Or maybe it was the site I put it in. I use my
> abdomen area all the time rotation side to side at each change of set up but
> maybe the tissue can't absorb right?

It's possible, but usually the site will feel harder than surrounding tissue
if this is the case.

> Another thought is I am beginning a huge MS and RA flare and all glands are
> swollen the one on the left side on neck by shoulder is size of tennis ball
> and
> I have ALOT of pain. I know that doesn't help either.
> So do I use the soft set or bent needle and assume it is the flare up?

I'd suggest Silhouettes based on my experience.

Ted Quick