Re: [IP]High BGs on pump

I have a question...I started in the MiniMed switching from the Disetronic
night. I used soft set (I ususally use bent needle) my BG never got under
281..A little while ago I checked and they were 311. So I took out the soft
set...put in a new cartridge and put in a bent needle and bolused.
They (BGs)  are beginning to go down. My question is: Are there some people
just cannot use the soft set?  Or maybe it was the site I put it in. I use my
abdomen area all the time rotation side to side at each change of set up but
maybe the tissue can't absorb right?
Another thought is I am beginning a huge MS and RA flare and all glands are
swollen the one on the left side on neck by shoulder is size of tennis ball
I have ALOT of pain. I know that doesn't help either.
So do I use the soft set or bent needle and assume it is the flare up?
I really do hate these multiple health problems. I am suppose to be on 5 mg
prednisone per day but I really hate to take it now. On the other hand it
my pain away so maybe that would help.
I also am looking at a bone marrow transplant. My immune system is very very
damaged/bad almost not functioning and this is a very real option
I guess my BGs are acting up because I am sick..I don't know. I don't think it
is either one of the pumps or set-ups..I am a bit confused now and am in alot
of pain. Due to my bad immune system I also have chronic candida..I need a
vacation from all of this.
Needed to vent..sometimes when I write things out I see what I need to do..
Ginny (just when I thought I would like the soft set)