Re: [IP] Soft set inserter and soft set

Ginny Kloth wrote:
I wonder if the silouette (sp) would work better??

Yes, definitely.

> With the silouette does one use the soft serter?

No, the SoftSerter is ONLY for the SofSets. Silhouettes are placed by hand, but
the beauty of it is that you can choose what angle they go in at for a different
depth. I'm rather slim, so I put them in at a shallow angle, usually 10 to 15
degrees, so that it doesn't go through the fat layer and into the underlying
When I used SofSets I wasted more than was resasonable because the only depth
set by the length of the canula, and it was too long for me.

Anyway, a softserter type device would be too complex with Silhouettes, and
isn't needed. Besides which they lay flat on the skin and disconnecr at that
MUCH simpler than SofSets, and need no overtaping.

> I went to use the soft serter once and it didn't do anything..neither did it
> the second time..but then I pushed it a little harder and it went in and I
> didn;t feel it.  I do feel a little stinging sensation in the site now but
> then
> again this is the first time I have used a teflon "needle" I hope I am not
> allergic to that?

I don't think it's possible to be allergic to Teflon, it's not something that
breaks down or separates in the body.

Ted Quick