Re: [IP] dating and diabetes

Julie, I know how you feel.  My husband's parents begged him NOT to marry me
because I had diabetes.  I think it was the fear that I would not give them
grandchildren or be a burden or both.  Anyway, we have been married for 22
years and have 2 children.  Eventually, his parents came around and, in fact,
told me that I was the best thing that ever happened to their son.  Yes, it
was quite a shock that my diabetes was such a huge issue.  I had never viewed
myself as a disease.  I must say, it did not bother me as much as it bothered
my husband.  I just chalked it up to ignorance.  But, get this, his mother was
a nurse!  Oh well, life goes on and we became friends.  ellen