Re: [IP] Fixed bolus amounts

Sherri wrote:

>I completely agree with Michael on this.  Our Endo feels the same way about
>"fixed boluses".   Basically, I play the game with him and adjust on our own.
>I found with our Endo there is NO reasoning with this issue so I just play
>game and do what we want on our own.  It would be nice if we had the complete
>support of our Endo but we don't.  We are the first patients in his practice
>that he has put on a pump so I am sure he is very cautious and
conservative in
>his approach.    He is slowly changing on his viewpoints so hopefully he will
>change on this one in the future as well.  In the meantime we have our pump
>and that is all that matter!

Sherri, It's good that you are taking the bull by the horns and adjusting
Laura's boluses to match her food.  It is a much better method than what
your endo is "prescribing".  After you have Laura running *very* smoothly,
though, and he is impressed and all that, (as I'm sure he will be) I
encourage you to tell him the truth about exactly how you are adjusting her
boluses and basals. Hopefully, when he starts other people on the pump,
he'll know more than he did when Laura started.  You have a golden
opportunity to educate and gently steer him.

Mary Jean