[IP] Kids on the pump

Has anyone had a child 9-10 yrs. old start on a pump and go off because
of not being ready for it?  My son's endo won't put kids younger than 11
yrs. old on the pump.  He's scared that if he's not ready for it that it
will ruin it for him when he is older.  There is another endo I can talk
to about getting it for my son.  I believe he is ready and my son
believes he is ready.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.