[IP] going low w/ pump

Glenda,  Ted gave you some good answers.  May I also add....you mentioned
concern over going so low w/ a pump that you would "do yourself in".  Actually
the chances of that w/ the pump are less.  There is such a small amount of
insulin "on board" all the time that you don't run as great a risk.  Unless,
of course, you take a bolus and do not eat!  With MDI a person could have 15
units on board at any one time.  The trick is knowing when those units are
going to work.  Yes, theoretically they are supposed to release slowly over a
period of time but it doesn't always work that way.  They can dump at various
times and you bottom out.  With the pump you have a slow trickle all the time
and a smaller bolus w/ meals thus hopefully eliminating those drops.  I love
my pump and would not give it up for anything.  Like you I debated 2 yrs
before going on.  Now I wonder why I waited so long.  Good Luck with your
decision.  LR