[IP] dating and diabetes

Something was said yesterday that really bothered me, and I was
wondering if anyone else had encountered something similar.  I broke up
with my boyfriend of 10 months a few weeks ago because of long distance
problems.  We finally talked again yesterday, and at one point he said
his parents had told him some time ago that he shouldn't be dating
someone with a chronic disease.  I was shocked.  These people were
always so nice to me, and they seemed like good, caring, Christian
people.  I can understand that they only want to protect their son, but
that is rediculous.  I could die tomorrow in a car wreck, but they don't
tell him not to date someone who drives.  Thanks for listening...