email @ redacted wrote:

 Also, I was suspicious about the fact
> that Disetronic gives you two pumps.  The machine should be reliable enough I
> thought that it should not be necessary to give two pumps. I was then told by
> the CDE (not the Minimed rep) that a few years ago, Disetronic had some big
> problems and then started giving patients two pumps.

As I understand it, Disetronics, which is a Swiis company is required by their
government to sell 2 pumps together for the safety of the buyer. There really
a reliability problem with Disetronics pumps as far as I've heard, but then, I
own a MiniMed 506, mostly because it was supported where I lived then.

Ted Quick