When I chose between the two pumps, the most important difference was that the
Minimed has a back lit display.  My night vision is pathetic and it really
helps to have the back lit display.  Also, I was suspicious about the fact
that Disetronic gives you two pumps.  The machine should be reliable enough I
thought that it should not be necessary to give two pumps. I was then told by
the CDE (not the Minimed rep) that a few years ago, Disetronic had some big
problems and then started giving patients two pumps. I was also told that the
Disetronic is truly water proof, so if you swim that it would important.
that's my two cents.

Phyllis Dobin