[IP] Re: my experience with Dr Bernstein

> Thanks Janet!  You seem to have one of the clearest, least biased explanations
> on Bernstein around!

Thanks for the compliment. I also admit that at the time, Bernstein drove
me absolutely crazy. I was 17, after all, and newly diagnosed, while most
of his patients had been diabetic long enough to have severe complications.
He told me horror story after horror story... and charged a fortune, including
for phone time.

Yet, I stopped seeing him while in college and basically just managed on
my own through college and grad school (about 10 years) with no complications.
It was only in 1994 when I decided that I wanted a pump that I started seeking
doctors again.