Re: [IP] Re: Fetal cells

This is such a "hot" topic.  I debated whether to respond or not, but I just had
to put my 2 cents in...

> .  They were, and are most definately alive, and most definately
> >human.  If you can do this research and further  with an animal, fine.

I have such a hard time with this one.  I don't believe in animal testing.  When
I say this to friends and family they say to me "and where do you think you'd be
now if they hadn't done animal testing?"  I still don't have an answer.  I just
think as humans we've invaded these poor defenseless animals and it really
bothers me.  I did a research study where I got slice open on both sides of my
ankles.  Friends and Family thought I was well stupid.  I said, well better to
cut me than an animal.  Then they said "and who do you think they tested all this
on before doing it to you?"  Again, no answer just very sad face.

> There are other ways to get fetal cells than abortion...

I see no problem using fetal cells from abortions.  Currently they're legal and
people are still having them.  So why not use the fetal cells to help others?  I
am not by any means advocating and / or encouraging abortion, but for now it is

> just like people
> donate organs, why can't a fetus that has miscarried have cells donated to
> help others?

Very true.