Re: [IP] All you Moms & Dads

My parents were very involved when I was diagnosed at 10 years of age.  I
remember my mother finding out about the glucometer and them taking me to get
it and to be shown how to use it.  And then her finding the watch that was
supposed to go off at night when I had a low.  I wish my mother was here so
that I could thank her.  She died with cancer two years after I was diagnosed.
I know it must have been very hard for her to know she was dying and leaving a
child with diabetes.  She was the best.  I also give a lot of credit to the
children of those of us with diabetes.  I have two sons 5 and 3 years old,
sometimes they will bring me a Coke and ask if my blood sugar is low, and tell
me they brought something for me in case I need it.  They need a lot of thanks