[IP] Pregnancy Risks w/ Pump

Hi, All:

Due to limited time, I mostly lurk here, but I'm coming out of "hiding" to
ask a couple of questions.

First, are the risks to a diabetic woman who decides to have a child less
with a pump than with MDI?
I would think so, but wondered if any studies have been done.

My husband and I have been talking about his getting a vasectomy for quite
some time, but now that we've had a consultation visit, I find that I am
having all sorts of emotions about the fact that I've never had a child of
my own.  (My husband has 3 very nice ones from a previous marriage, but
they live with their mother, and I wasn't involved with them till they were

I am 41 years old and have had IDDM since December of 1975 (just over 23
years).  I have been doing MDI for 10-15 years, with rather poor results,
and just got on the pump this past May (with much better BG stability).
About 10 years ago, I had an endo tell me that, statistically, I probably
had about a 50/50 chance of ending up on dialysis if I went through a
pregnancy, and would almost certainly see after-effects down the road.
However, to date I have no complications that I know about.

Guess I'm just wondering how crazy it is for me to even consider the
possibility . . .

I'll save my other question for a separate post.