Re: [IP] Interesting TV item, how true or not I don't know.

email @ redacted wrote:
> << Dr. Mayer Davidson, former president
>   of the American Diabetes Association, about pancreas tonic.
>   He said if the data continues to look promising, he will
>   conduct further studies at Drew Medical College's clinical
>   trials unit.  >>
> Dr. Davidson has a fairly good reputation. It would be worthwhile to read more
> about the research. The medical journal quoted is not as well known. Why isn't
> the young lady on a pump? I agree that most of this info sounds rather
> sensational.
> Barbara B.

Yes, well, a friend of mine on another list told me this scam has been going
on for some time. There used to be a Webpage for it, but it was closed out
a while ago. Seems that the "Extra" TV show will put anything the person
being "reported" on wishes to pay for without verification. SO, the conclusion
appears to be that it's pure "snake oil".

As for Dr. Davidson he may not really be involved, or only ventured
that the "research" should be followed to see if anything actually came of
it, rather than backing it. Standard snake oil tactics, in other words.

Ted Quick