RE: [IP] All you Moms & Dads

In a message dated 1/20/99 1:00:30 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<<This is just a note to tell all you Moms & Dads how impressive you all
are in your involvement with your diabetic children and their diabetes.>>

 It also thrills my heart to see all of these parents that care about the best for their children.  I have a really "soft" spot for kids....Having diabetes for 33 years,I want them to know that it's ok to be scared and ok that your body doesn't always do what it "should".  I love talking to kids...When I was diagnosed it wasn't talked about.  My mom took care of me, and my dad still denies that I even have the disease. But I think this has made me a better person because of it.  I found the pump 3 years ago, a PERFECT health care team....(THANKS BARB.B)  I tell everyone I know about the pump.  I have a friend whose daughter was diagnosed 2 months ago...I feel like I've been a positive influence on her....she wants a pump!!!!!
AGAIN, you parents that do all of this for your kids are the best.....I only wish that I'd had the pump and glucose monitoring years ago...but hey....I've made it and I FEEL GREAT..!!!!!!!

Keep up the great work.....and thanks Michael......!!!!!!!

RHonda Tyo
type 1,Pumping almost 3 years.....diabetes 33 years...and feeling great!!!!

Unrecognized Data: application/ms-tnef