[IP] Doctors resistant to pumps

I can't speak for all doctors, but when I became interested in the pump for
my daughter, I couldn't find a single CME (continuing medical education)
program about the pump.  If doctors can't get educated about it, they can't
use it.  At most big medical meetings, there are all kinds of suppliers
hawking their products and stumbling over each other to sponsor speakers
that provide education about whatever it is that they're treating.  I've
never seen a single display for Minimed or Disetronic at a conference aimed
at primary care - family practice or pediatrics.  Don't know about
endocrinology conferences, but not many of your community docs are going to
be at those.  So how about a grass roots campaign to the pump companies to
start providing info to primary care doc's through both printed material and
presence at conferences?  My lone voice hasn't made it happen.

Nancy Morgan, Jenna's mom, age 9 pumping since 9/98