Re: [IP] All you Moms & Dads

I agree with Ken, Jen, and Fran!
I was fortunate in that my parents were involved and taught me
well...even though the knowledge was limited in the 1950's!!!
My Mother even asked the Dr. the family went to back in 1956 IF I could
be Diabetic??? His wife was!  But "No" the Dr. said!!! I was a nervous
child and his prescription was for tranquilizers!  Fortunately...my Mom
sought a SECOND opinion...when at age 6 1/2 I weighed a mere 39 pounds
and ate constantly!!!  I was correctly diagnosed in March 1957.
When my eldest son was diagnosed in 1987 my husband and I had much
better knowledge and our son (now 28 years of age) to date has no known
complications!!!   He hasn't become a pumper yet!  I am still new myself
at pumping but so far VERY THANKFUL for my parents, researchers and the

Becky LaSpina
IDDM since 1957 - pumping since Dec. 26th