Re: [IP] All you Moms & Dads

In a message dated 1/20/99 1:00:30 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<<This is just a note to tell all you Moms & Dads how impressive you all
are in your involvement with your diabetic children and their diabetes.>>

Just wanted to emphatically second this.

I was also diagnosed in 1955, at age 8, and while my mother gave me shots for
the first 2 or 3 years and made my meals, there was effectively no interaction
between us about it and by the age of 11 or so I pretty much had to figure out
everything myself (having had the example of balanced meals for 3 years to
model after).  My father was so uninvolved (remember the times) that we never
spoke about the morning during my adolescence when I woke up in a severe
reaction having just enough awareness to be pretty sure later that my behavior
was pretty unpleasant, but too embarrassed to ask him as the only other person
in the house what had really happened.

My suspicion is that your children will grow up not just physically healthier,
but emotionally also.

Linda Zottoli