Re: [IP] Anniversary

>In a message dated 1/18/99 1:29:59 AM Eastern Standard Time, email @ redacted
><< not very many labs know how to test for LP(a). >>
>What is an LP(a) test?

I don't know specifically what the LP(a) test does... but, I'll recap what
I know, just in case you missed it. I had a rare blood factor that causes
the LP(a) levels to be about 10 times higher than normal. This caused my
cholesterol (which was above 220) to be super-efficient in laying down
plaque on blood vessel walls. The end result was a quintuple by-pass. After
finding the LP(a) factor, I now take mega-doses of niacin (don't try this
at home, without a doctor's supervision), which has lowered this factor way

There is a test for this factor, but it is not common. I can put your
doctor in touch with mine, if you need more info... write me privately.